.

June Sentencing Set for San Mateo Robbers

Two defendants who committed at least 10 robberies in San Mateo and Burlingame will be sentenced in June for their crimes.

A pair of East Palo Alto residents who pleaded no contest last month to felony chargers in connection with a string of robberies in San Mateo and Burlingame will be sentenced in June for their crimes.

Melissa Pearlene Butler, 21, and Marc Anthony Jordan, 23, initially in San Mateo County Superior Court in connection with at least 10 robberies in San Mateo and Burlingame at their initial felony arraignment in August 2011.

The pair along with a juvenile were Aug. 11, 2011, after the San Mateo County task force identified three suspects in the series of robberies, and detectives obtained search warrants for their East Palo Alto homes.

Police said that property seized during the searches linked the suspects to a robbery in which two suspects brandishing handguns approached a delivery driver as he returned to his vehicle after a delivery.

The suspects demanded the driver's money, assaulted the man, and fled on foot after taking his cash and property.

Another similar incident occurred two days later, when a man exiting a vehicle on South Grant Street was approached by two suspects, one who brandished a handgun. The suspects assaulted the man, took his property and cash, and fled on foot.

Similar robberies also happened in Burlingame and Belmont on Wednesday of that week.

In the , employees of a local restaurant were walking to their cars after closing the restaurant for the night when three suspects approached and demanded money. Two of the suspects brandished handguns, and the trio took a purse and laptop from one victim and money from the other, Belmont police said.

The suspects fled south on Civic Lane toward Broadway, Belmont police said.

During the searches on Aug. 11, detectives seized a handgun that police said matched the description of the one used in the robberies.

At his pretrial conference on April 16, Jordan pleaded no contest to felony robbery charges in exchange for a maximum sentence of three years in prison.

Butler on April 24 also pleaded no contest to felony robbery charges, and faces a maximum of two years in prison.

Their sentencing is scheduled for June 28.

Jordan remains in custody on $250,000 bail, while Butler is out of custody on a $250,000 bail bond.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »