.

Man Suffers Brain Damage After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Burlingame

The family filed a lawsuit against Hilton Hotels this month.

A man who was hopsitalized after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning at a Burlingame hotel in November has suffered brain damage and his family is suing the hotelier, according to reports in the Contra Costa Times.

The man, identified as pilot Robert McNamara, 58, filed the suit Jan. 11 in San Mateo County Superior Court, according to the Contra Costa Times. The suit seeks an unspecified amount in damages.

According to a Bay City News reports on Patch in November, the Embassy Suites carbon monoxide leak likely happened in a boiler that fed the pool and spa. The hotel was evacuated about 1 a.m. to test for carbon monoxide after McNamara was found unconscious.

According to the Contra Costa Times, McNamara was at the hotel for his job as with Occidental Petroleum Corporation, a firm that explores for oil and gas.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »