What's on tap for this week? Keep an eye out for these events and stories this week. We'll be there to cover them.
- The Burlingame City Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers. There will be a public hearing on forming an assessment district from the 2012-2013 year in order to raise money for the downtown Burlingame Avenue Streetscape Improvements.
- There is a town hall meeting with the Burlingame School District Superintendent, Dr. Maggie MacIsaac, at 7 p.m. Monday in the auditorium.
- There will be a slide show and lecture by museum docent Kay Payne on the Golden Gate Bridge Monday at 7 p.m. in the Burlingame Public Library.
- Aviator and author Ace Abbott will talk about his book, The Rogue Aviator: In the Back Alleys of Aviation, Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Burlingame Public Library.
- The Burlingame School District Board of Trustees meets Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the district administration office. There will be a public hearing on Tier III categorical funding.
- Learn to Go Green Without Going Broke Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Burlingame Public Library.
- Learn the basics of e-mail during a hands-on computer instruction class in the Burlingame Public Library Thursday at 2 p.m. Register by calling 650-558-7411 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Saturday at 11 a.m., soldiers from Burlingame’s Adopt-A-Unit Bravo Company will be in town for Memorial Day Weekend. Stop by City Hall to say thank you.