Very soon, the class of 2012 will leave high school behind and head off to college or work. If you're still looking for a way to congratulate the graduates on your shopping list, here are some suggestions for gifts around town:
- Stationery: With all of the graduation gifts students receive, they need some nice stationery for their thank-you notes. provides an ample selection and can provide customization, as well.
- Sheets and Towels: For a cozy bed and fluffy towels, head to. Bedding and bathroom supplies that feel a bit like home make a great gift for a student who is about to leave the nest for the first time.
- Gift Cards: Your grad will be happy to receive any form of money you give them. Many stores along Burlingame Avenue, like , and , offer gift cards in many denominations. Recent grads can deck themselves out in some new threads before heading off to college. You might also want to consider gift cards, which will be put to good use during late nights of studying. And I’ve never seen a college student say no to a gift card for a local grocery store.
- Tablet: Every grad wants to step their game up with a brand new iPad. The on Burlingame Avenue is your go-to spot for the latest technology.
- Sunglasses: Some grads have a future so bright, they need a pair of sunglasses to protect their eyes. Corny jokes aside, a sturdy pair of sunglasses can last for years. They’re a practical and stylish gift. Check out Burlingame’s for some ideas.
- Books: Perhaps you know grads starting college or taking a job in a new city. Help them get acclimated by giving them a travel guide to their new home. Stop by to find the perfect book.
- Sweet Treat: A “Congratulations!” cake or cupcake is always appreciated. Stop by to pick up a treat, and then head across the street to for some congratulatory flowers. Congratulations, class of 2012. You did it!