.

UPDATE: Carbon Monoxide Leak Likely Caused By Boiler

The Embassy Suites in Burlingame was evacuated this morning.

Updated at 12:04 p.m.

A carbon monoxide leak that prompted the evacuation of the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport hotel in Burlingame early this morning was likely caused by a boiler leak, a fire chief said.

Firefighters were called to the hotel at 150 Anza Blvd. to test its air quality and evacuate guests around 1 a.m., Central County Fire Authority Chief Don Darnell said.

The carbon monoxide was traced to a boiler that feeds the hotel pool and a spa, Darnell said. The unit was immediately shut down, and carbon monoxide levels dissipated, he said.

Ambulances were standing by at the scene, but no one was injured or required treatment, Darnell said.

--Bay City News

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guests at the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport in Burlingame were evacuated early this morning because of high carbon monoxide levels, the hotel's general manager said.

Firefighters were called to the hotel at 150 Anza Blvd. to test its air quality and evacuate guests around 1 a.m., Embassy Suites General Manager Ernie Catanzaro said.

The source of the carbon monoxide was located and cut off, Catanzaro said.

Guests were able to return to their rooms shortly after 5 a.m., he said. Crews remained at the hotel this morning monitoring the air quality.

--Bay City News

Get daily local breaking news with our daily newsletter |  | Like Burlingame-Hillsborough Patch on Facebook | Blog for Burlingame-Hillsborough Patch |Follow Burlingame-Hillsborough Patch on Twitter

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »