The Senior Showcase is a free event open to the public that offers a wide variety of information and activities for everyone who senior citizens, those who care for seniors, or those who know one. The latest showcase returns to the Burlingame Recreation Center located at 850 Burlingame Avenue.
The event is run by proud members of the community who are for the community, and our list of benefits reflects that ideal:
- Come learn about CareAdvantage, a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan provided by Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM). Also, learn how HPSM helps provide care for underserved populations in the local community.
- Receive free health screenings, and have the opportunit to have your questions answered by a pharmacist.
- Improve your identity theft protection with free document shredding from MiracleShred
- Seek out tips on homecare, long-term care, senior housing, innovations in medical equipment, hearing aids, eye-care and much more.
- Meet representatives from local non-profits, senior centers, among others.
- Take home a free goody bay filled with special items. Have your chance to win one of many door prizes given away throughout the day.
About the Senior Showcase
The Daily Journal Senior Showcase, presented by Health Plan of San Mateo, is being held Friday, May 18, 2012 at the Burlingame Recreation Center, 850 Burlingame Avenue.
For more information, please call the Daily Journal at (650) 344-5200.
Research studies of the local community show that seniors are the largest, most influential demographic in the local area. A review of the following resources would be useful: